Saturday, February 2, 2013

FirstRowSports Great Streaming Site

weak logo haha
My anti-commercial Boooo-Comcast blog is due for an update! I am still living the dream with no cable TV about a year after fully cutting the cord. I've been able to download all the shows I watch regularly, and when the pirate torrent sites go down I'm fine using Hulu.

Today I want to talk about a fantastic site for streaming live sports called First Row. The hardest thing about giving up cable is figuring out how to get sporting events. I've posted about NBA League Pass Broadband, which is a great subscription service. But what free options are out there? Plenty! 
Streaming BOTH the Pitt game and the Pens game!
The site I've been using almost exclusively -- on my mac mini and windows machines -- is called FirstRowSports. They have everything. I would say almost everything, but I have never been unable to find a single event I wanted to watch. It's a perfect solution for the hockey or basketball fan who wants to cut ties with cable TV. Today is a perfect example.

Pitt basketball played today against #6 in the nation Syracuse. They've been close a few times recently against top tier opponents, but haven't been able to close out a big signature win. So this game at home looked like a good one. Then the Penguins are hosting the Devils in a game that started about an hour later.

Pitt on 42" Plasma streaming from the MacMini
It's a lazy Saturday and I was lounging in bed all morning. I vaguely knew both teams played today, but wasn't aware of the actual start times. My iPod chimed in, however, at noon, to let me know Pitt was tipping off down at Peterson Event Center. I was laying there browsing on my laptop anyway, so I just clicked over to FirstRow, found the Panthers game listed, and started it up. It's incredible, they have sports from all over the world, too.

As I continued lounging and playing on my iPod with the Pitt game streaming on my laptop the game started getting interesting. Then my iPod spoke up again to alert me that the Pens and Devils were about to start! Awesome! Time to get the day started, hah. Early in the second half Pitt led by a few, and it was shaping up to be a great finish. The Panthers bench rolls 5 deep and they were dominating the Orange's second unit all day.

Crosby and the Pens streaming on Thinkpad
So I decided to pull myself out of bed, percolate some coffee, put the basketball game on the Plasma and hockey on the laptop. Am I dreaming? Nope, I'm streaming, baby! Living the streaming dream. Once Pitt had sealed the deal and emerged victorious, I switched the hockey game over to the TV, and now I'm writing this blog post on the laptop. The Pens are leading 2-1, Pitt goes to 6-4 in the Big East, and watching all of this cost me nothing more than my standard monthly internet rate. Sweet.

Now, with FirstRowSports, when you start a game playing, it's plastered with pop-up ads. Once you know how to patiently get rid of them, though, it's a breeze, and you'll be watching uninterrupted, live sports with confidence.

CLICK HERE TO READ MY POST ABOUT DEALING WITH THE POP-UP ADS ON FIRSTROWSPORTS! (coming soon)

Pitt extends their lead




3 comments:

  1. I have a alternate and short method to open any blocked site very easily in just one click and you can open any site very easily.

    FirstRow Sports UK proxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, with FirstRowSports, when you start a game playing, it's plastered with or without pop-up ads. http://firstrowsportshd.com/ Once you know how to patiently get rid of them, though, it's a breeze, and you'll be watching uninterrupted, live sports with confidence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This article is very informative and cool. Thanks for share this beautiful article.
    FirstRow Sports UK proxy

    ReplyDelete